Wright Animal Hospital's Pet Blood Donor Program
The Wright Animal Hospital Team has created a blood donor program for our beloved dog and cat patients. A donation of blood means giving the gift of life. Emergency blood donors are needed for emergency treatments, trauma patients, major surgeries and anemic patients.
We are looking for 5 dog heroes and 5 cat heroes to be a part of our program. If your pet qualifies, we ask that you be available with little notice, as most cases will need blood within a few hours of arrival to the hospital.
There are many perks and benefits for your pet if they are a part of the blood donor program including discounted annual exams, free blood work and free blood typing, to name a few.
Pet Blood Donor Requirements & Qualifications
- Between 1-8 years of age
- Friendly and easily handled
- 35 pounds minimum weight (dog), 9 pounds minimum weight (cat)
- Good general health, no known acute or chronic illness, current on all vaccinations
- On year round heartworm and flea/tick preventative
- Pass a comprehensive blood screen, blood typing and infectious disease screen
- No history of pregnancy or past blood transfusion
- Indoor cats only
Pet Hero Perks & Benefits
- 6 month supply of feline heartworm and flea prevention when 6 months is purchased (Revolution-Cats)
- 12 month supply of canine heartworm prevention (Heartgard Plus)
- 6 month supply of flea/tick prevention when 6 months is purchased (Vectra 3D-Dogs)
- 10% discount on annual exams and vaccinations
- With each donation, your pet will receive a free bag of treats, donated by Hill’s Pet Food Company
- Free blood work (including FeLV/FIV testing in cats)
- Copy of all lab tests for your records
- Blood products at no charge if he/she ever needs it in her life and has donated at least one time while part of our program.
If you are interested in your pet being a part of this life-saving program, please contact Wright Animal Hospital at (847) 299-0135. Please refer questions to Dr. Beth Achille.
Thank You to Our Donors and Sponsors!
We would like to offer a special thanks to our pet heroes and the following blood donor program sponsors: